Ok here goes, because herself says you “must” put up the Banana Bread. Her husband even looks for it every time he walks in my back door.
I mean really … whats she doing that she doesnt have something on the table for him every time his sweet tooth kicks in. Whats she doing … she NEVER stops and I don’t use capitals lightly in this case .. she NEVER stops … Go Go Go …
Look we all hate the thought of the kids getting stuck in when all we want to do is get it made and in the oven… Get over it … let them get involved and before you start take 125g of deep breadths and a teaspoon of chill juice !
Its so simple and easy to follow – no electric mixer required so no excuses.
Change it around every now and again. Add a few choc chips or sultanas or sesame seeds.
8oz/225g of Plain Flour
1 Teasp each of Salt, Baking Powder and Ground Cinnammon
110g/4oz of Caster Sugar (this morning I used 1oz of Stevia instead of Sugar)
75ml of Rapeseed Oil or Sunflower oil or 3oz of melted butter
Few drops of Vanilla Essence
4 bananas mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Literally mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the chopped nuts or/and chocolate chips if using.
3. Whisk the egg in a jug, add the oil (or butter) and the vanilla essence.
4. Add the mashed bananas to the dry ingredients. Add the jug of egg, oil & essence. Combine well together with a wooden spoon folding it together rather than beating it ! (Easy does it 😀)
5. Pour mixture into tin lined with baking paper. Sprinkle top with sesame seeds if you want.
6. Pop in oven – usually bang on the hour or until skewer comes out clean !
Kids love it … Great for lunch boxes and seriously nearly as easy to make two rather than one !